Tapani Inc. believes all employees should maintain a positive working relationship with those they work with inside and outside of the company. This approach helps maintain employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness. We expect all employees to uphold our core values and vision and to continually focus on employee engagement, self-improvement, business innovation, and relationship development.
Job Purpose and Summary
The primary function of the Civil CAD Technician is to create digital terrain models for civil estimating and GPS grade control. They are responsible for providing accurate earthwork quantity takeoffs in order to assist an estimator in building a competitive bid. The Civil CAD Technician also creates 2D linework files along with the terrain models to be used with the GPS systems on the field equipment.
- Earthwork Takeoffs
- Develop a basic understanding of the plans and specs and how the project will be constructed
- Review and utilize Geotech report data for takeoffs
- Utilize AGTEK and Civil 3D software to create digital terrain models
- Create detailed volume reports and cut-fill maps from earthwork takeoffs for use in estimating and project pre-planning
- Work with the Estimating team and Virtual Design and Construction team to develop value engineering opportunities
- GPS Models
- Work with project teams to obtain approved plans, CAD files and control point data
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the plans and specs and how the project will be constructed
- Utilize AGTEK and Civil 3D to create digital terrain models
- Utilize Civil 3D, MAGNET Office, and Topcon 3D Office to create 2D linework files from CAD drawings
- Create project control point files
- Build complete GPS project file to be used on field equipment
- Update and revise digital terrain models and 2D linework files as needed
- Provide project teams with volume calculations from site topography data
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to manage several projects at one time and meet hard deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to decipher architectural, civil, and structural drawings
- Ability to visualize projects in 3D
- Experience in Civil 3D, AGTEK, MAGNET Office, and Topcon 3D Office is preferred; but will train if needed.
The working environment for this position is primarily in the office with occasional site visits. Typical working hours are 45 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime and Saturdays depending on workload.