Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Tapani Inc. believes all employees should maintain a positive working relationship with those they work with inside and outside of the company. This approach helps maintain employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness. We expect all employees to uphold our core values and vision and to continually focus on employee engagement, self-improvement, business innovation, and relationship development.
Job Purpose and Summary
The Human Resources Administrator coordinates implementation of human resource services, policies, and programs within Tapani and assigned business entities. The HR Administrator develops strong working relations with leadership and employees and serves as a consultant and key advisor in workforce initiatives aimed at improving work relations, building morale, increasing productivity and retention, and ensuring legal compliance with state, federal and regulatory requirements.
- Employee Compliance
- Review applications.
- Schedule and execute interviews.
- Hire and onboard employees.
- Maintain employee files.
- E-verify employees, run DSHS check.
- Process personnel actions for resignations, terminations, promotions, transfers, employee evaluations, and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure federal and state compliance in regards to EEO, Wages, FMLA, HIPPA, benefits and employees.
- Employee Benefits
- Assist in overseeing all medical, dental, AFLAC insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and 401K benefits available for employees.
- Responsible for communicating with employees in regards to insurance, FSA and 401K.
- Maintain clear communication
- Ensure employees understand their benefit package.
- Ensure all questions regarding benefits are answered.
- Coach and counsel employees regarding policies and procedures, disciplinary actions and interpersonal issues.
- Prepare and process verifications of employment in regards to unemployment, loans, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain contacts with other departments within the company and contacts outside of the company.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the annual company picnic.
- Create company slide show for annual company picnic.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent.
- Prior HR office experience preferred.
- SHRM registration preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, online recruitment, and web-based training applications.
- Type a minimum of 50 WPM.
- Ability to organize and track all details and information while maintaining a deadline.
- Knowledge of current L&I Laws related to employees.
- Self-starter and disciplined in managing work.
- Able to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of benefits administration.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- The working environment for this position will be mainly in the office with extensive computer work. Working hours are typically 40 hours per week and range between the hours of 8am to 5pm, with rare exceptions for evenings and weekends.
- Continuous hearing, talking, sitting, typing, repetitive motions of hands and wrists.