Reports to: Tapani Trucking Superintendent
Tapani Inc believes all employees should maintain a positive working relationship with those they work with inside and outside of the company. This approach helps maintain employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness. We expect all employees to uphold our core values and vision and to continually focus on employee engagement, self-improvement, business innovation, and relationship development.
Job Purpose and Summary
A Tapani Trucking Driver is responsible for the delivery of legal loads of material to a destination in a safely and timely manner.
- To haul rock, dirt, and various types of material
- Spread, stockpile, and or place material in an orderly and productive manner.
- Drive truck and pup
- To keep the trucks clean inside and out.
- Pre and post trip inspections.
- To remain calm, alert and courteous in heavy traffic conditions.
- Ability to deal with traffic, job site hazards, and maneuvering in tight areas
- Drive responsibly
- Analyze job site conditions
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent.
- Some higher education or vocational training specializing in truck driving
- Must have Class A CDL certification
- 1-2 years’ experience driving in the construction business
- Must be able to drive, load, and dump material from truck and pup.
- Excellent judgment in transporting material
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry 10 lbs.
- Ability to dig or scrape out boxes and pull tarps
- Decision making skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to sell
- Ability to perform basic math
- Excellent use of discretion
- The working environment for this position will be mainly operating a truck. Working hours typically range between the hours of 7am to 5pm, Monda-Friday.
- Earlier starting times and longer days are typical throughout the busier seasons.
- Working occasional Saturdays
- Extensive travel