Construction technology is becoming increasingly advanced and is used to manage every aspect of a project virtually, both above and underground.
Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) is the management and utilization of technology and virtual models to improve the entire construction process, from preconstruction to as-builts.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a collaborative process that allows us to work with architects, engineers, clients, and our trade partners in a single live model. During this process, developers, consultants, contractors, architects, engineers and clients are able to address design issues before they become a reality.
- Preconstruction project visualization in 3D.
- Model based cost estimation.
- Trade coordination and clash detection – Detect interference and address potential issues before the project starts.
- Increased productivity and expedited project schedule through prefabrication.
- Reality Capture (3D Scanning) at various stages of the building process for progress tracking and as-built documentation.
Digital Terrain Modeling (DTM) is essential for cost estimating, value engineering, quantity tracking, and grading accuracy with GPS machine control. With DTM we:
- Build topographic design surface models from 2D grading plans, road alignment and profile data.
- Compare existing topography with sub-grade and the proposed design models.
- Generate detailed volume reports of cut/ fill, stripping, overburden, and area calculations for accurate estimating.
Drone technology provides projects with aerial photography, videography, and mass data collection through photogrammetry. With drones we:
- Video and photograph job sites for preplanning and progress tracking.
- Fly job sites or stockpiles and collect image data via photogrammetry 3D point cloud for inventory and quantity tracking.
The utilization of GPS construction technology increases speed, productivity, and accuracy of field and grade control. With GPS, we can easily determine high/low points, centerline stationing, locations of utilities, edge of pavement, and placement of erosion control measures within fractions of an inch.
With GPS we:
- Set up a GPS base station / rover, locate survey control points, and calibrate the site.
- Perform site topos and quantity tracking.
layout & staking
We perform survey layout and staking on our projects. This includes:
- Converting civil design CAD files into 2D linework for field control.
- 3D field layout for structures and MEP in and around structures.